Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Special Thursdays- Cooking Day

Every Thursday our kindergarden classes have a special activity for AA or Afternoon Activity. An earlier post was a about our monthly Birthday Party festivities, but that is just for one Thursday in the month. Other special days include Show and Tell, Cooking Day and Field Trip


During the three Cooking Days the kids have made tuna canape, yooboo and fruit punch. I'm sure you're familiar with at least two of the three. I was actually most familiar with the yooboo, but at home we call them tofu pockets. The kids get their appropriate cooking attire on and then the chef-ery begins. When there are plastic knives involved I usually bore the children with a little question/answer session. "Do we cut our bread with our knives? (Yes) Do we cut our tomatoes with our knives? (Yes) Do we cut our friend's hand with our knives? (NOOOOO!)" We all have a laugh and then I give them a serious Amanda Teacher face to send the message that it is a "thumbs down" to cut a friend's hand. 



Gunbay!!
Rainy Day Snack Picnic



2 comments:

  1. I like bunny apron in the top left... She reminds me of me in the kitchen. I imagine her saying, "No Kentie, you cut like this. And make sure it's on the right cutting board!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little Koreans...I just want to squeeze them they are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Enough of our babble... you got something to say?