Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New spectacles.

At home I did not have the means nor a fancy employment to afford as all-encompassing an insurance plan as the one we have here in Korea. Korea's NHI (National Health Insurance) plan offers the same coverage for both native Koreans and E2 visitor/workers... that's us. Two weeks ago we visited our local Chinese Medicine doctor and had a treatment of acupuncture, the initial checkup and treatment totaling 7,100 won ($6.55 USD) per person. Kent actually had some sinus injections that left him feeling "trippy" for no more than an hour. Fear not, they assured us that all of the substances used at the clinic are legal. 


Last week I thought I'd treat myself to some new glasses! The eye exam was free and then I paid for the rims and the lenses. The deal was so good that I thought I should get two pairs. The grand total was 100,000 won ($92.30 USD) and the optometrist made my lenses right before my eyes and I went home 1.5 hours later with 2 lovely pairs of Korean specs. One pair is for home and the other is for looking smart out in public. You be judge of which is which.
Can you see the leopard print?

Anna, you always knew I was this dorky.

I'm trying to convince Kent to invest in a new pair for himself.

1 comment:

  1. Funny how the spectacles come after the naked spa treatments …

    What do the E3 workers get?? Free toothpaste?

    ReplyDelete

Enough of our babble... you got something to say?